Sunday 13 September 2009

Where has the time gone?

This year is going past so quickly, especially the last month or so. It's been 11 days since I posted anything because I have been busy but if you asked me what I've been doing, I couldn't tell you .. well not all of it anyway! I can tell you what I 'should' have been doing (the minuscule edition):
  • getting my computer fixed properly so I can
  • finish Clare's wedding invitations so we can
  • post all the invitations so we can
  • work out how many place cards we need for the reception (and the names to go on them).
  • finish the audit on two years worth of records for the P&C, uniform shop and canteen
  • housework/cleaning
  • washing
  • painting
  • cooking meals/school snacks
  • paying bills
  • deal with paperwork/passports for Bali holiday
  • wash the dog weekly
  • weeding/gardening
  • help mother with computer stuff
  • de clutter house .. again
  • scrap
  • organise photos for scrap weekend in October
  • exactly what I have been doing ... deciding on a day-by-day, moment-by-moment basis what is important enough to warrant my attention as well as what is able to be done at that particular moment in time.

Unfortunately, quite a few things are still lingering on the ever-increasing to-do list, but I have come to the conclusion that the list will always be there and no-one else in my house seems to see all the things that I see need doing. On a tangent .. is that just because they're male, children or have been spoiled rotten by a mother who, up until fairly recently, didn't seem to give a damn about the state of the house? Probably a mixture of all three .. lol!

On a happier note, my weight is slowly and steadily going down, the children are all behaving well (most of the time) and things are starting to settle down for a couple of friends who have had their own sets of problems to deal with. Here's to the good things in life .. cheers!

No comments: