Saturday 15 August 2009

Back on deck .. sort of!

After spending most of my life struggling with my weight, I finally decided to do something a bit more permanent about it than just fad diets and meal-replacement-shakes. I managed to lose 33kg on one of the shake programs but over time, I put nearly 40kg back on!

I had gastric-banding surgery done last Wednesday and came home from hospital yesterday. I probably could have come home on Thursday morning but was feeling a bit of a wuss so I stayed the extra night. I'm still a bit sore, which is to be expected after having people poking around in my insides, but overall I'm feeling a lot better than I thought I would.

Peter and the kids are being really supportive so now the rest is up to me...

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Melita said...

Luck!! Not that you'll need it - I hav ecomplete faith in you gorgeous!