Ali Edwards had the idea to pick one word that summed up what she wanted for herself in the next year. It is an idea that a lot of people have embraced and I have decided to become one of them.
For 2010, I have chosen the word ..
participate; verb; to take part, be or become actively involved, or share (in)
Some of the reasons I chose this word:
- I want to participate more in my children's day-to-day lives; be more present and available to them instead of being off in my own little world.
- I want to participate in new activities that take me outside my comfort zone ... like cleaning the house more regularly .. lol!
- I want to participate in the activities that bring me pleasure and fulfilment without feeling guilty or that I'm not good enough.
- I want to participate in a healthier lifestyle and all that entails.
- I want to participate more in activities that interest the important people in my life .. even if they don't particularly interest me.
- I want to make myself participate more in my own life instead of just watching it fly by.