- Still (quietly) patting myself on the back for winning Austral Bricks WA Employee of the Year for 2012. The fact that I managed to (unintentionally) insult the Managing Director and keep my job apparently got me more points than all the work I did, but I'll take the win (and the $1500 Flight Centre voucher .. woohoo! I can see a nice holiday in my future).
- Actually went out quad bike riding with the boys (all four of them) and didn't kill myself, break anything or hurt anyone else .. go me!
- Celebrated Alex's friend Chris' 18th birthday at Sizzler's in Kelmscott.
- Managed to get some more of the backyard finished and made some quirky crafty items for my upcoming birthday. Bowls made from old records anyone?
- Finally got the backyard landscaping guy to come back and finish it.
- Turned 40 ... aaaargghh!! Celebrated with a 70's themed birthday party and had a great time.
- My 'baby' boy, Brad, turned 14! Where is the time going??
- Painted the 'spare' room for Mum to move into while she builds her new house.
- Tried my hand at fruit and vege gardening...
- Let Alex drive us up to Ikea for a day out only to have his car die on the Cedric St off-ramp .. thank God for RAC road patrol! $250 for a new battery later, we were able to get his car going again just in time to go home.
- Celebrated Debbie's 50th birthday with high tea at Little Nich's Cafe. Nice food, dribbly teapots and lovely company .. great day!!
- Clare came over to have a ride on the scooter to practise for her trip to Greece.
- Commiserated with Deb over her baby, Amy, turning 16.
- Had an early Mother's Day celebration with Mum, Clare, Rich and my tribe at the Mundijong Pub. Peter and Richard went for a country motorbike ride first and met us there.
- Took Andrew and Debbie to see Cirque Du Soleil's OVO show. Fantastic night out except for the bucketing down rain :-(
- Mum moved in.
- Went to Tasmania for our 20th wedding anniversary with no kids and using the voucher I won. Awesome but tiring (not for the reason you think ... get your mind out of the gutter!)
- Had another Mother's Day celebration when we got back from Tassie. Love, hugs and presents .. yay!
- My middle baby, Drew, turned 16. He booked himself in for his learner's test and passed first time ... go Drew!!
- Ate the first apple from the Pinkabelle tree.
- Got a wild idea to rip my wedding dress apart and use (what I thought was a hug amount of) fabric for other purposes. (Didn't get very far with that .. there was nowhere near as much silk in the skirt as I thought there was ..oh well). Made Brad pose for photos in the bodice of the dress, mean mummy that I am!
- Painted Drew's bedroom wall with "racing stripes". He likes it even if no-one else does!!
- Had to race Xena to the vet in the middle of the night once we worked out that she had eaten almost a whole box of dark chocolate. Got home at 2am and had to go back to pick her up at 8am to avoid paying another day's worth of ICU charges.
- Went to Sydney for a work trip ... on the same day that I had raced Xena to the vet. Couldn't sleep on plane so had an early night when I got there. Found out that the company hadn't paid for the accommodation in advance so got hit with a huge bill on check out. Thank goodness for 'secret stash' money...
- Took another trip to Ikea and found some inspiration for what to do on the long wall in the family room. Besta bookshelves are my new best friend ... I think.
- Had a night at the shed, just Peter and I (despite vowing not to go .. a girl can change her mind!)
- Drew had his first official driving school driving lesson.
- Finally got floor coverings in the bedrooms .. spotted gum floorboards.
- My first 'little baby', Alex turned 18 and somehow became 6'1" tall ... waaahhhh!! j/k .. so proud of him for the hurdles he's overcome and the wonderful young man he is. Love you son!
- Had a belated Father's Day (as it was on Alex's birthday .. how rude!)
- Drew bought his first car, a Longreach Falcon ute, which was brought home on the Sunday afternoon and then stolen in the early hours of the Thursday afternoon. Fire brigade found it on fire and reported it to police. By the time the Police got there, it had been stolen again and still hasn't been recovered. Thank goodness for insurance!
- Did some more crafty/practical projects that I will slowly be updating over the next couple of weeks .. I promise!
- Took a week off work during school holidays and spent some time with my growing-way-too-quick boys.
- Thought about going to the Perth Royal Show(for about an hour), regained my sanity and stayed home instead. Saved amount of money equivalent to the GDP of a small African nation.
- Drew got his official Certificate II in light automotive servicing ..well done!
- Took yet another trip to Ikea .. just because.
- Got the windows tinted in our bedroom, the home theatre (or as I call it, the lounge room), the family room and Alex's bedroom. Makes a huge difference to the amount of heat coming in from outside.
- Peter bought a new bigger motorbike. Continued to hassle me about getting my bike licence ...
- Put up the tree with the boys with minimal grumbling (from me!)
- Drew picked up his new car .. 1999 Lantra with very low km's for it's age.
- Made three Pepparkaka Hus kits from Ikea (otherwise known as gingerbread houses for English speakers). Used an entire year's worth of lollies and royal icing between the three .. yum!!
- Had Christmas breakfast at home, lunch at Mark and Bec's and home again for dinner.
- Quiet day at home on Boxing Day, then out for dinner with Nonnie and Clare down in Shoalwater.
- For Peter's 47th birthday my lovely boss let me take half a day off so we had lunch at Hog's Breath in Kelmscott, then home for presents. Managed to surprise him with the Springsteen tickets I'd bought back in September as well as the usual littler presents from the boys.
- Quiet New Year's at home with the boys (Mum went out .. has a better social life then me!). Managed to see in the New Year, then slept like a log until 9am.
So there you go, a whole year in a
rather large nutshell. Here's hoping I can get my shit together slightly more organised this year and manage to post some of the happenings as (or soon after) they happen.
A girl's got to have dreams ... right?
A girl's got to have dreams ... right?