Saturday 23 February 2008

Nice to be appreciated...

and kind of "blow my own horn".

I got a biiiig box of choccies at work today as a thank you from one of the managers. He gave them to me in front of everyone and told me how much he appreciated the extra effort I put in. What an ego boost!!

I have been helping him out with his paperwork for mostly selfish reasons (it was annoying me) but I also figured that he had so much else to do that it would take a weight of his mind too. I didn't tell him I was doing it; just asked him to sign it when it was done. It was worth it for the surprise on his face .. kind of like giving someone an unexpected present.

Now before anyone gets the wrong idea, this is only one of the managers I help out. All of them (women included) have had their paperwork done by me at times when they're busy with special events. It's just that this one is one of only two who actually say thanks!

No comments: