Saturday 9 February 2008

SS blog challenge #3

"When the phone is ringing, the doorbell is going off, kids are yelling, laundry is overwhelming and dinner has burned and you sit down to a cup of tea, where do you let your mind go?"

Somewhere .. anywhere .. far, far away!

Seriously though, I don't seem to have a particular "happy place", more like happy times.

The ones I've been thinking about the most lately is the family holidays we had at the Paradise Point Motel in Fiji, when I was about 6 years old. It was right on the beach and they had a great pool with a log across it, that I used to walk across pretending I was some jungle explorer, while Dad used to be the crocodile in the water trying to pull me in. There was a juke box just outside the reception area that took 5c pieces and I spent almost all of my 50c pocket money playing the Kiss song "I was made for loving you baby". Probably not the best song for a 6 year old to be listening to but oh well! Everytime I hear that song, I'm transported back there.

Overall, I think I just go to a "place" where things were easier. I probably go back to times spent in Fiji as a child more than anywhere else, but I also go back to teenage years with the flush of first love, first real kiss and no real responsibilities.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Fiji sounds wonderful. What a great experience that sounds like! I would love to go there one day. =]