Wednesday 27 February 2008

Sunrise

I managed to drag myself out of bed early this morning and while I was hanging out washing and bringing in the uniforms for school today, I noticed the colours of the sky. The clouds were all wispy like big tufts of cotton wool, but they were orange and pink and yellow and all the shades in between.

I just had to stop and watch them changing which probably wasted a good ten minutes, but I felt so much better for having just stopped and being at peace. No kids screaming and fighting (they were still asleep), no neighbourhood dogs yapping, no cars revving and speeding down the street. Just peace and quiet and a beautiful sky.

Now I'm off to face the rest of the day and all it entails, but I'm going to take that little bit of peace and tranquility with me.

No comments: