Sunday 10 February 2008

Looking back ...

The SS Blog challenge (below) made me think a lot more about my childhood and I have realised that I had a really good one.

We moved a lot and, at the time, that was hard to deal with but it helped me become more accepting of different cultures than I would have been if we'd stayed in one place. It's a shame I don't remember more of the earliest years in Singapore and England but I have great memories of the times in Fiji and Hawaii.

I would love to go back to Fiji some day, hopefully soon, but I know it won't be the same. A lot of the places we lived aren't there anymore and we all know how time enhances some memories to make them seem grander than they really are.

Maybe I'll just hang on to my versions of the memories instead ...

No comments: