Monday 12 May 2008

Mother's Day

I had a lovely, relatively quiet, Mother's Day yesterday.

I had breakfast made for me but not in bed, 'cos I hate the crumbs that always seem to find their way over to my side of the bed. I got three huge hugs and lots of 'boy germs' (kisses) and then I got spoilt rotten with the presents they had made and bought. Alex and Drew made a little noteholder each at Scouts:

Bradley made me a beautiful card with pop-up flowers inside: Alex had also made a cheese board complete with pyrography (writing burnt into the wood): They also gave me a pair of earrings:

After a relaxing morning we headed out to see Pete's Mum and then out for supplies for lunch. Over lunch, Peter and I watched "National Treasure 2". Interesting enough to keep me awake but I'm glad I didn't pay to see it at the movies.

While we were out getting lunch supplies, we bought afternoon tea to have with my Mum. She worked Saturday night and was sleeping most of the day so we popped around for afternoon tea once she was awake. We had a nice visit with her and then it was time for her to head back to bed before working Sunday night, so we went home and lazed around for a while before I sent Peter out for fish & chips for tea .. no cooking on Mother's Day!

After tea Peter and I sat and watched "Death at a Funeral". Quite funny in a typical British comedy sort of way. "Is there a dog in the car?" Light viewing for the end of a relaxing day.

Hope your Mother's Day was as pleasant as mine!

1 comment:

~~Carrie Ann said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day! :) Handmade gifts are the best!