- I got to sleep in until 9:45am (but only because Mum had the boys overnight last night so I could go out for drinks with some people from work).
- I got to catch up with Debbie for a cuppa and a chat (which it feels like I haven't done in ages).
- I got to play with the boys instead of just being Grumpy Mum (amazing what a bit of sleep can do!)
- I actually managed to do some housework without feeling resentful that I was the only one doing it (because I wasn't .. the boys helped and it was almost voluntary!)
- It was a beautiful day and the boys went outside to play without me threatening to lock them out there for their vitamin D dose.
- I didn't need to use the dryer for the washing because of the aforementioned beautiful day. Freshly washed towels that smell of sunshine .. mmmm!
- I enjoyed the boys' sillyness (is that even a word?) and I even joined in!
- I treated the boys to McDonald's for dinner ... just because. And they behaved at the restaurant .. bonus!
- I got to really see how much my boys are changing but also how much they are staying the same.
- Today, I liked my life.
Sunday, 17 August 2008
A good day
All in all, today was a good day.