Saturday 10 January 2009

My feet hurt ...

but I had a lovely day out shopping with Mum and Clare. We arrived at Carousel at about 10am and left at 5pm (only because all the shops were closing!) and now we are all thoroughly exhausted. We all managed to achieve something in our shopping endeavours: Clare got stuff for her house and some clothes for her and Richard; Mum got lots of things for her present stash for workmates and friends as well as some clothes; I got the boys some new shorts and undies and a new set of pjs for me.

It was fantastic to be able to just wander and not worry about "Mum, I'm hungry/thirsty/bored" and if my mother and sister had bladders larger than peas, it would have been almost perfect. (I thought I was past the stage of having to stop at every single toilet in a shopping centre but I was obviously wrong. Do your pelvic floor exercises girls!)

Now I'm off to spend some quality time with my boys, hopefully without mention of 'the incident' as I'm trying to move past it and focus more on their redeeming qualities. I think I can probably get about another three months of personal chair service out of it though .. "Oh waiter, my cup of tea seems to be empty. Rectify that will you? And while you're at it, I'll have dinner cooked for me too!"

Dream, dream, dream ...

1 comment:

Melita said...

A day of shopping sounds heavenly - lucky gal!