Could it be because I know:
- that the lunchboxes that started out full of healthy food in the morning will still be full of healthy food at the end of the day?
- the children will not be full of healthy food but some concoction of other people's giveaways and leftovers and, as a result, be hyped up on sugar?
- I will have to iron uniforms again? (I hate ironing!)
- I'm going to have to turn into the Homework Police?
- I will have to have another meeting with the Deputy Principals about Alex's behaviour? (hopefully a major improvement on last term's behaviour!)
- Alex requires new uniform shirts again? (Stop growing already child!!)
- I will be falling over school bags, shoes and homework folders every afternoon for the next week until they get back into the routine of putting them where they belong? (Stop laughing .. it could happen! A girl has to have dreams you know!)
No .. that's not it. Keep thinking ...
Aha! I know what it is that has filled me with such a sense of doom ....
It's only 71 days 'til Christmas!!!
Are you ready???