Thursday 30 October 2008

Sounds I didn't want to hear this morning ...

  • Peter's alarm going off at dark o'clock .. aka 4:15am .. so I could get up and take him to the airport, because he decided he's going back to fly in/fly out instead of driving to work.
  • Peter's car stalling in the very long and impatient queue to get out of the airport drop-off-lane while I try frantically to restart the damn thing.
  • The always pleasant sound of two cars' bumpers meeting in a not-so-pleasant manner, with the ensuing horns and yelling .. luckily not the car I was driving 'cos there is no way I would have gotten out of the car to assess the damage once I saw the other driver. He was huge and very, very annoyed. I was just waiting for a tyre iron to make an appearance!
  • Arriving home to Alex's alarm clock being loud enough to be heard over the stereo in the car .. outside! Poor neighbours!!
  • The sound of something tearing then "oops". Luckily for Alex, I have plenty of tea towels to replace the one he 'accidentally' tore while playing silly idiots in the kitchen.
  • Laughter (good noise), then crying (oh well, at least there's no blood), then "I'm sorry .. I'm so sorry .. I didn't mean it .. I'm really sorry".
  • More crying with a unidentified dripping sound .. which turned out to be blood .. which Bradley managed to get in the grout in at least 5 places .. aaaarrrrgggghhhh!!
  • Alex complaining because I had the audacity to tell him to clean up the blood while I dealt with Bradley. "You made the mess .. you fix it!" "But Bradley made the mess .. it's his blood!" "Just do it .. before I make you bleed too!!"
  • "There's nothing for lunch." "But I don't like ... " "Where's my ... " "I can't find ..." "Give it back!" "It's mine!" "I hate you!"

Sounds that make it all better ...

  • "Love you. See you in two weeks."
  • "I'll help you."
  • "Here, I found it for you."
  • "Thanks Alex/Drew/Brad."
  • "You give the best cuddles."
  • "Thanks Mum!"
  • Laughter
  • "Love you Mum!"

1 comment:

Melita said...

Sounds liek a rough day - hope it improves soon!