Wednesday 16 July 2008

Holiday update #3

Wednesday 9th July

Woke about 7:30 to the sound of some little animal scratching around in the garden so got up and had a relatively early breakfast. Didn’t have anything to read until I remembered the books Debbie had lent me so I sat and read for a while then had a shower to warm up a bit. It had rained overnight so it was quite warm to start with then got rapidly colder so I decided that getting firewood should be priority. Mina was due to arrive sometime during the late morning/early afternoon and she really feels the cold so I thought I’d better be nice!

After getting the firewood, I went to the internet cafĂ© to update my blog and check on my emails. I spent about an hour and a half just surfing all my linked sites then realized it was nearly 12 so I got some more groceries and headed back to the house for lunch. I wasn’t sure what time Mina would arrive so I decided to stay ‘home’ and read for a while.

I got a phone call at about 2pm from Mina who rang me while sitting in the driveway hoping she had the right place. I didn't have the heart to mess with her after that long drive so I opened the front door and scared the daylights out of her instead! We unpacked her car and got the fire going again before going in to town for a look at the main street. I’d done more walking up and down that street than I had in the previous three months! I know I needed the exercise, but that was going a bit too far!

We checked out the Fudge Factory and Ye Old Lolly Shoppe where we went a bit crazy buying stuff. So many lollies … so little time! Then we got some “grown-up” drinks, groceries and Chinese food before we went back to the house for a girl’s night in. Mina brought her movie collection so after perusing the choices, we watched “Because I Said So” and then “The Princess Bride”. I had forgotten how funny “The Princess Bride” is. You have to have seen the movie to get these references:

“Would anyone like a peanut?”

“My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!”

“The cliffs of insanity!”

“Nobody would surrender to the Dread Pirate Wesley!”

After laughing ourselves stupid (the Cruisers probably helped), we watched a bit of TV then headed for bed about 11pm.

No comments: