and they should be interesting!
I finally managed to talk to Pete tonight. Remember what I said about how he probably thinks that if he waits long enough I'll change my mind? I was right. He was thinking that. But after I made it perfectly clear that I wasn't going to, he said that he wasn't going to let me talk him out of it either.
So the short version of the long story is that he's investigating further details of the block with a view to buying it as a "getaway". I don't have a problem with that provided he doesn't stay at the "getaway" more than he's home. Financially we can probably afford to buy it so long as we don't have to build a house on it straight away. I think he said something about having four years to build a house but that's one of the details he's looking into.
So now it's just a waiting game. Que sera, sera.